Saturday 14 November 2015

STROOD SNOW BUNTING


 On Sunday 8th Andrew Neal found this Snow Bunting beside the Strood. It was resting on a groyne by the seawall on the last section of the marsh along The Strood Channel. It didn't seem bothered by Andrew's presence one bit and posed nicely for him to take this picture.

This is a different bird to the one that was seen on the south side of the Island two weeks earlier.

 
After watching a marsh harrier earlier on Sunday from the Maydays seawall flying over the Langenhoe marshes, Andrew described - "I had an extremely up close and personal encounter on the south side of the Island. I was crossing the field along the footpath that runs parallel with Rewsalls Farm when a male Marsh Harrier soared directly over my head and lingered around the outskirts of the field long enough for me to fish the camera out of my bag and quickly take a few pictures. I briefly saw a third harrier and I believe fourth, when I completed my loop of the Island going back along The Strood. A great result".



This marsh harrier that Andrew saw is flying low over one of the game cover crops near Rewsalls Farm.

No comments: